To keep the greens at Aguilon Golf Club in top condition it is essential that all pitchmarks are repaired immediately. The correct tool for the job is a pitchmark repairer, similar to the one shown here. Please try to carry (and use) one in every round you play. Please repair your ball mark and at least one other. A pitchmark properly repaired will heal within 24 hours whereas an un-repaired ball mark will take at least 15 days to mend. Correct repair will help protect the grass root system and benefit members and visitors alike.
Incorrect Method :
1. DO NOT replace the loose piece of turf taken out by the ball. It will die and delay the healing process.
2. DO NOT pry up the centre of the depression with the pitchmark repairer as it exposes the soil and will delay the healing process
3. DO NOT insert the pitchmark repairer and twist it. This only breaks more turf loose.
Correct Method :
1. Discard the loose piece of turf taken out by the ball
2. Insert the pitchmark repairer tool just outside of the back of the pitch mark
3. Lever the turf towards the centre of the pitch mark
4. Repeat this motion from all sides of the pitch mark
5. Gently tap the repaired area with your putter.
6. This action stretches undamaged turf over the pitchmark, providing instant recovery